Editorss Prize submissions now open!
Deadline: January 26, 2018
$1000 Prize for Poetry and Fiction
POETRY submissions may contain up to four poems that do not exceed ten total pages. Please put all the poems in one document.
FICTION submissions should not total more than 10,000 words.
You may only submit two entries per genre–no more than two fiction submissions and/or two poetry submissions.
And, as you might expect, all work submitted, whether poetry or prose, must be unpublished. It can be under consideration at other journals and contests.
Please do not put your name or other identifying information on your contest submission. The contest will be judged blind by the editors.
The closing date for entries is January 26th. The winners will be contacted shortly thereafter.
Other Eligibility Rules:
- UVA undergraduate alumni who graduated after June 2011 are NOT eligible.
- UVA MFA students and alumni are NOT eligible.
- Current UVA students, staff, and faculty are NOT eligible.
- Former Meridian editors and staff are not eligible (if you’ve ever been on our masthead, please don’t enter).
- Friends, relatives, and former teachers and students of current Meridian staff or its advisor are not eligible.
- Our former Meridian Editors’ Prize winners are not eligible to enter.
- Authors with two or more published books are not eligible. This does not include chapbook publication. This does include self-published books that have been sold commercially (if it’s been for sale and it was not a chapbook, it counts). You may enter our fiction contest if your published books were in poetry, and vice versa.